DEAD BATTERY, CAN'T OPEN TRUNK!

Jaguar

tdewhurst

June, 30, 2007 AT 1:33 PM

1996 XJ12 not run over winter, battery dead (no surprise) but I can't open the trunk either with the interior release, key or the push button. If I can't get to the battery, how can I get the trunk open?
Any thoughts appreciated.

Jack42

July, 1, 2007 AT 8:27 AM

Under the hood, you will see a power point to hook a charger or jumper batttery to, that will light the interior up enough for the trunk release/lock motor to open up. Great design huh?

3tommy

November, 23, 2007 AT 1:33 AM

There is a little key slot on the trunk lid, use the normal driving key (black one), and twist a bit hard, and trunk will open. I dont think what mr. Mechanic said would work, unless if you somehow were able to get inside the car, to press the hood release, unless if you went from under which is impossible. The terminal to boost the car, is towards the top of the hood, beside the engine, on the mid right side, mounted near the windshield (that means, if its in north america, im saying its closer to the passengers side than drivers side)
or, use a slim jim to open the passengers door, and then boost the car from cig lighter

Jack42

November, 23, 2007 AT 7:57 AM

What " Mr Mechanic" is saying is that the doors will unlock manually, so is the hood release.

Trunk Shock Replacement Porsche Carrera 911
Hood Shock Replacement - Rear Porsche
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Mercedes
Windshield Wiper Replacement Kia Sportage
Windshield Wiper Replacement