Hi machete cana,
When the CEL indicates, trouble codes would be stored in the PCM. Retrieve the codes and let me know what they are so we can uns=derstand the problem better.
Trouble codes may also be referred to as DTC.
1. The MIL will come on when ignition is on and engine is not running. When engine is started, MIL should go off. If light remains on while engine is running, a trouble code is present.
2. If light does not come on with ignition on and engine off, check MIL circuit before continuing.
3. To retrieve codes, install a jumper wire between DLC terminals "1" and "3". DLC is a White connector located on right side of left foot well, ( some are located behind left of kickpanel). See Fig. 1.
4. Turn ignition on and count number of flashes from MIL to identify codes. See Fig. 2. Each code will be flashed 3 times starting with lowest code number.
5. If system is operating properly (with no trouble codes present), Code 12 should be displayed with ignition on and engine off. This indicates diagnostic system is capable of storing codes and providing diagnostic information.
6. Once all codes are displayed, cycle will repeat. Remove jumper wire from DLC after codes have been retrieved.
Saturday, April 10th, 2010 AT 9:56 PM