Oxygen sensor location

XCREWCHIEF
  • ISUZU
I need to know where the "bank 2, sensor 1" oxygen sensor is located on a 2002 Isuzu Rodeo (V6, 3.2L engine, 4WD). Engine fault code lists that one as the one being bad, but I am getting conflicting answers as to which sensor is which. Thank you for any help
Friday, December 1st, 2006 AT 1:07 AM

KEN
Hey XCREWCHIEF,

This would be the first oxygen sensor on the drivers side. Here is a guide on how to change it.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-replace-an-oxygen-sensor

Please let me know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Best, Ken

+4
Monday, February 27th, 2017 AT 4:54 PM
LXG284
  • ISUZU
Location of my oxygen sensor
Monday, February 27th, 2017 AT 4:56 PM (Merged)
ILOMEL
  • 1994 ISUZU
Ok. I bought an oxygen sensor to put in my 1994 Trooper, Seemed easy enough to install. But where in the world is the thing supposed to go?
Nobody can find it!
Please help!
+3
MARKNROLL
Follow the exhaust from the drivers side door and where it bends to go up to the motor there is a bend that can be un-bolted. Just before that there will be a wire connected to the O2 sensor, I believe it is a 7/8", 15/16 fits loosely. You can buy the open sided socket for the job at any parts store for around 10 dollars. They actually recommend changing the o2 sensor every 60K so it would be a good investment. GOOD LUCK!
+1
SETHER223
  • 1999 ISUZU
1999 Isuzu Rodeo.
71,000 miles
I already had my 1999 Isuzu Rodeo checked out because the check engine light came on. The diagnosis was an oxygen sensor located under the passenger seat. I was told that it was just a matter of unplugging the old one and putting the new one in. Is there a way you could give me instructions. For one, I can't even find it under the vehicle.
Monday, February 27th, 2017 AT 4:57 PM (Merged)
JOUGH626
Well, it's not under the seat. You car has four sensors. It's best to replace all four at once, if one is dying or dead, the others aren't far behind. The sensors are bolted into the exhaust pipes on the car. When you order them, make sure you get TWO for BEFORE the converter and TWO for AFTER the converter. Then, it's just a matter of crawling under there and using a (I think) 15/16" wrench. They make a special socket that has a slot in it to accomedate the wires coming from the sensor, but I found I didn't need one for my 99 Rodeo.
You might find it easier to get the sensors out if you let the engine warm the exhaust a little. After you install the new sensors, pull the ECM fuse in the fuse box under the hood to reset the computer. Drive and be happy!
+2