BACKUP/STOP LIGHT SWITCH 1995 RODEO

• isuzu
  • 1995 Isuzu

On a 1995 isuzu rodeo 150,000k miles 3.2 engine, manual transmission, I have a problem with the backup lights.

They stay on in forward gears. They will come on in reverse as they should also.

Is this a switch problem and if so where is the switch and what manufactor do you recomend for a replacement switch?

I would also like to know which is the correct part name. I 've heard this switch refered to as both a backup light and stop light switch. Are they the same?

Friday, February 9th, 2007 AT 10:26 AM

• Norm Sanson

Your stop is your red brake lights, activated by a switch on your brake pedal, and is nothing to do with the backup light, usually referred to as a reverse light.
The reverse light is activated by a switch on the right side of the gearbox, an ISUZU part, which can be disconnected from underneath the vehicle, a plug near the switch, if you want to stop it from remaining on. :)

Wednesday, March 7th, 2007 AT 4:14 PM