93 PICKUP MISSES & BACKFIRES

1993 Isuzu

bmpmoss

My truck just when it hits operating temp and then when you slow down or accelorate it has no power, it will sputter & back fire smells real rich. If you shut the key off for a split second it will start and run but do it again alittle while later. You always have to shut the key off, or the problem will still be there when it starts.I've replaced the ecu the fuel pump 3'000 miles ago the head was rebuilt. New timimg belt. Could it be the ignition control module?Tail pipe is now black? Could this be a bad water temp sensor?Any thoughts would be appreciated

Jack42

February, 2, 2006 AT 3:34 PM

ECM power relay

bmpmoss

February, 5, 2006 AT 6:28 PM

Replaced ecu & fuel relays. Also, themp sensor. After changing the ecu relay it went 10mins longer than before. Then it started missing and back firing it has no power but will idle. Still when you turn key off for a split second it starts and runs right for a short while. It seems to be getting worst as in doesn't run very long at a time. Any ideas!

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Toyota Tacoma
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right