SHIFT LOCK

2000 Infiniti I30

sylviamahon

2000 Infiniti I30 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 90000 miles

What is the deal with the shift lock? Twicw in 5 days I have put the car in park, still running and go to put the car in gear again and it is stuck. I have so I have to pop the cover and release the shifter. Now this will happen 3 or 4 times and then it gets stuck again. It happened today while it was still light so I can't see if I have break lights but the time before I did have lights. I guess it can't be a fuse, any ideas or advice?

Jack42

Could be the solenoid on the shifter sticking. See if you can remove the top shifter cover so that you can see if the solenoid is trying to disengage the lock. If you have atest light, seeif the solenoid is being powered up when you press the brake pedal. If so the solenoid is bad.

bumpassb

October, 2, 2012 AT 1:37 AM

It's not the solenoid its the relay for the shiftlock solenoid. It is located where water, coke, coffee runs when spilled. Relay still works but contact gets corrosion causing high ohnms. Works sometimes, sometimes not. Tried to post on Infinity help forum but couldnt register cuz it was too f##king difficult and I don't have the patience for that sH!T. A$$holes need to make it easier to reply so they can get answers to their questions. Relay is blue next to drivers thigh under the console(5 screws)pop the woodgrain up for last two screws. God Bless.

Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Acura TL
Parking Brake Shoe Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front Ford
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front Ford
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Chevrolet
Replace Rear Brake Pad-Rotor Subaru Legacy