1. Remove antenna nut and antenna base. See Fig. 3 .
2. Withdraw antenna rod while raising it by operating antenna motor. See Fig. 4 .
Fig. 3: Removing Antenna Nut & Base
Fig. 4: Removing Antenna Rod
1. Lower antenna rod by operating antenna motor.
2. Insert gear section of antenna rope into place with it facing toward antenna motor. See Fig. 5 .
3. As soon as antenna rope is wound on antenna motor, stop antenna motor. Insert antenna rod lower end into antenna motor pipe.
4. Retract antenna rod completely by operating antenna motor.
5. Install antenna nut and base.
Fig. 5: Installing Antenna Rod
June, 20, 2010 AT 9:05 AM
How do you stop the antenna motor after the line is reeled in? My problem with these directions is that after the line is retracted and the antenna is fully extended, it seems as though the antenna is completely reeled out an it does not get reeled in again. Is there a way to stop it as soon as it fully extends so it never goes past the point to unreel the line any further? Thank you.