2000 INFINITI G20 THE CAR DOES NOT ACCELERATE QUICKLY

• mtpatel37
  • 2000 Infiniti G20

2000 Infiniti G20 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 115000 miles

Maybe someone there can help me.

The problem my car is having is - when I'm stopped and have to accelerate, it takes a while for the car to pick up speed. Once the speed is picked up, its fine. The car does not accerate from a stopped position. Also, the check engine sign is on. I don't know if they are related.

I had a mechanic tell me it could be a problem with a solenoid. He checked and said one of the solenoids is intermitten ( sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't ). He also said it could be a problem with a transmission.

Thank you.

Saturday, October 18th, 2008 AT 11:47 AM

• Zackman

First off, we need to know what the CEL is for. Go get it scanned, and come back with the code.

As far as the car doesn't accelerate as quickly, it is your trans getting old. It could be one of the TCC solenoids not working properly, but I would not worry about it.

My Sentra has done the same slow acceleration once it hit 100K miles, it now has almost 240K.

Wednesday, October 22nd, 2008 AT 8:59 PM