Ignition timing (knocking sound on pressing the gas pedal)

ENVOYAGER
  • 2008 GMC ENVOY
Engine redone recently by a garage mechanic, starting is bit sluggish on cranking and then the engine starts on idle. After the temp reaches normal and AC is turned on, engine idling speed starts to vary, at times tends to stop. At this time when I turn the steering wheel, the engine cuts out. I got it checked by a computer guy and he said the timer on the camshaft is stuck on the advanced side. Its been several days I am stuck with this problem and unfortunately the local parts supplier has run out of stock for this part.( I don't know the correct part name )
Please help me out.
Tuesday, August 26th, 2014 AT 12:01 PM

It may be a bad distributor a mechanic has to set that up I think what the guy meant that the cam to crank sensor schyncronization is out of whack and you need apro style scanner to fix it. However some of these hav ebad dist gears so that should be checked as well.
Tuesday, August 26th, 2014 AT 12:07 PM
ENVOYAGER
Thanks for your quick response
En
Tuesday, August 26th, 2014 AT 12:30 PM
Sorry I goofed a 4.2 doesn't have dist but it's still the cam to crank sensor problem.
Tuesday, August 26th, 2014 AT 12:48 PM