2005 HYUNDAI TUSCON NEW WIRES AND PLUGS NOW WON'T RUN, BUT

• jennandal
  • 2005 Hyundai Tuscon

2005 Hyundai Tuscon 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 99200 miles

Our Tucson began hesitating and stalled on my wife about a week ago. We had it towed to the dealer who gave us an encyclopedia of recommendations including replacing license plate bulbs. Longn story short, the plugs and wires needed replacing. I drove it home and replaced the plugs and wires. Now, it starts, revs like normal and then immediately dives back down and stalls. But there are no codes! I believe it to probably be a sensor, but don't want to randomly buy unnecessary sensors. Any help?

Tuesday, December 1st, 2009 AT 9:03 AM

• racefan966

Ok if you would find the mass air flow sensor, unplug it and then start it. Let me know if it idles now.

Tuesday, December 1st, 2009 AT 10:37 AM
  • jennandal

I have to run home to try it. If it idles without the MAF sensor connected, does that indicate the sensor is bad?

Tuesday, December 1st, 2009 AT 10:55 AM
  • jennandal

I disconnected the MAf and cranked it up. It did continue to run but the idle was up and down, I presume form the lack of the sensor. I ordered a new sensor that should be in today and will install tonight. Should this fix the problem?

Wednesday, December 2nd, 2009 AT 8:43 AM
  • racefan966

Yes it might can't be 100% sure with out testing more but you have already ordered it so let me know how it goes. If we need to look further then we will.

Wednesday, December 2nd, 2009 AT 10:11 AM