SANTA FE WHEEL NOISE

2002 Hyundai

kb20

November, 21, 2006 AT 8:56 PM

Here are the simptoms:

-Rolling at idle speed or just above there is a rubbing noise that seems to be coming from the left rear tire. Once I noticed it I replaced all rotors and pads, front and rear. It needed it anyways. Noise stayed
-Noise seems to stop if I touch the brakes.
-Noise has gotten progressively loader
-I replaced all tires and had an alignment, noise stayed
-Rear CV joint seems to be intact and in good running order by appearance.(No cracked boots, not broken seals. Feels firm)
-Tested rear caliper by taking it off the rotor and pressing the brake, It seemed to compress normally.
-I am also hearing a lot of squilling from the rear brakes, they are still very new. I cant seem to get rid of it.

Was looking for suggestions.I was thinking maybe the caliper isn't applying enough pressure or maybe not holding pressure at all. I have no brake fluid leaks

Any suggestions?

zachishi

March, 1, 2008 AT 7:44 AM

Any fix for this I am having the same problem. Thanks Zach

kb20

March, 1, 2008 AT 11:17 AM

Yes.I did get this fixed. I took it into a dealership and explained the problem to them. Them fixed it and said that the brake pad I had used where lesser quality ones with high metal content in them. Apparently the hyundai ones are better. I assume you could always go with the Higher priced ones from the auto store but I priced them in my area and it would be actually cheaper to go with the Genuine Hyundai ones. Good luck.

Replace Tie Rod End
Upper Control Arm Replacement
Safely Changing Your Spare Tire