PUT OIL IN TRANSMISSION

2005 Hyundai Elantra

bluemango

August, 22, 2009 AT 4:00 PM

2005 Hyundai Elantra 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 62000 miles

Engine oil light was on as I started to take my boyfriend to the airport. Popped the hood, then opened the oil reservoir on top of the engine to add oil real quick so he didn't miss his flight. There was solidified oil, like pudding filling the opening. I asked boyfriend when he changed the oil last, (its his car) and he said " I don't know". I cleared it out the oil souffle and tried to pore oil into the reservoir, but it was clogged. I grabbed the funnel and asked boyfriend if this opening was the oil dipstick opening and he said " yes.&Quot; Poured a quart in at the dipstick, found the dipstick, put it back in and it was then that I noticed the dipstick had a/t oil written on the handle. Boyfriend wanted me to still drive him to the airport! I made him call a friend to take him.

If I do a transmission fluid change, will that be enough? Maybe once I drain the fluid, I could take a quart of transmission fluid and pour it in leaving the plug out so it will flush out the system? And I'm thinking an oil change is needed too. What do you think?

August, 22, 2009 AT 4:22 PM

I suggest you take it for a 15 min ride around the block and comeback and change the fluid and filter and make sure you use the correct fluid and the amount. While on it do the same thing with the engine oil/filter

August, 22, 2009 AT 5:56 PM

To answer your feedback which I appreciate it and also the donation.

Follow what I've suggested the engine is not gonna blow up-remember the engine is the one that makes the transmission move. I've been here a lot times with your problem. When you hit 2500 miles you change both again. Whatever you do -don't get tempted to have the transmission flushed out-could make things worst. When you check the tranny fluid level make sure the engine is running this the proper way of checking it

Thank You

Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Automatic Transmission Service
Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement