HOW TO REMOVE/REPLACE THE REAR TAIL LIGHT JU

2003 Hummer H2

harisn9000

July, 22, 2010 AT 11:44 AM

2003 Hummer H2 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 76000 miles

I've narrowed my troubleshooting of the driver's rear taillights and license plate lights down to a problem in the rear tail light junction block. This part is common to later models of GM Trucks (at least). It looks easy enough to remove the unit from the vehicle, however I've tried getting it out by prying it forward with no success. How is this removed from the vehicle? I dont' want to break the current one, but need to k now how to remove it before I buy a replacement.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/553237_hummerJunctionblock_1.jpg

factoryjack

July, 24, 2010 AT 12:39 PM

I searched all over GM service info, all I can find is component views, connector end views and layout. I would say that it has to slide in one direction or the other, and there may be detents that lock it in place.

harisn9000

August, 18, 2010 AT 2:41 PM

I've tried to pry it and it doesn't look like there are locks or clips, but it could just be that I cannot see what's holding it down. I'm going to order one and hope for the best. I supposed even if I break it getting it off, at least I'll have the new one to put back on.

Side Marker Bulb Replacement Mini Cooper
Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro