2008 HONDA RIDGELINE SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

• the ern
  • 2008 Honda Ridgeline

2008 Honda Ridgeline 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 6,400 miles

I have changed the oil and filter. How do I get the message " service oil " to go off on Dash: Honda boys say can be done by pushing the right buttons on dash, but of course won't tell. Gotto lov it. Thanks

Tuesday, August 26th, 2008 AT 12:39 PM

• Honda Tech 1818
  • 549 posts

Resetting the Engine Oil Life Indicator
Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

Step 1: Press the SELECT button repeatedly until the oil life is displayed (if oil life is more than 15 %) or the maintenance message is displayed (if oil life is less than 15 %).

Step 2: Press the RESET button for about 10 seconds. You will see a service message to reset the maintenance item code(s) ''MAINT RESET.''

Step 3: Select the appropriate answer, ''MAINT RESET > N'' (NO) or ''MAINT RESET > Y'' (YES) by pressing the SELECT button repeatedly. ''≫ N'' or ''> Y'' is displayed on the outside temperature display.

Step 4: Select the ''MAINT RESET > Y'' (YES) and press the RESET button again to reset the engine oil life to ''100.''

Sunday, November 22nd, 2009 AT 2:39 AM