CAR LOOSES POWER AND TURNS OFF...

1996 Honda

dimples30

October, 4, 2009 AT 8:33 PM

Brakes problem
1996 Other Honda Models Automatic

My 96 Honda Saber is loosing power and turns off when making turns or frequent stops. I just had the head gasket changed due to oil leaking on the spark plugs and this has not helped. I also notice the ABS light is on all the time. Please give help to my problem.

October, 10, 2009 AT 9:37 AM

Hi dimples30,

What is the idling speed when engine is warm? Seems the problem is due to low idling speed.

Oil leaing into the plug seals do not require the head gaskets to be replaced. It should be the valve cover gaskets and plug seals and maybe the cam carrier O rings.

If you did remove the head, ensure the valve timing ( timing belt ) is installed correctly and the valve clearances are adjusted correctly.

The ABS light is indicating a fault in the system and you would need to retrieve the trouble code to find out what is wrong.

Quite often it is a bad modulator unit. Do you hear the ABS motor running quite often?

Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20