NOTE: Keep all foreign particles out of the transmission.
1. Bring the transmission up to normal operating temperature (the radiator fan comes on).
2. Park the vehicle on level ground, and turn the engine off.
3. Remove the drain plug (A), and drain the automatic transmission fluid (ATF).
NOTE: If a cooler cleaner is to be used, refer to ATF cooler cleaning (see ATF COOLER CLEANING ).
4. Reinstall the drain plug with a new sealing washer (B).
5. Remove the dipstick, and refill the transmission with the recommended fluid amount through the dipstick hole until the level reaches the upper mark on the dipstick. Always use Honda ATF-Z1 Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF). Using a non-Honda ATF can affect shift quality.
Automatic Transmission Fluid Capacity:
3.1 L (3.3 US qt) at change
7.2 L (7.6 US qt) at overhaul
3.2 L (3.4 US qt) at change
6.8 L (7.2 US qt) at overhaul
6. Insert the dipstick back into the transmission with the handle pointing toward the breather pipe
Tuesday, November 25th, 2008 AT 7:09 AM