I have a 2000 Honda Civic LX 148,000 miles. I had a tune up 4 months ago and had the wrong spark plugs put in, they were platinum and my car takes regular plugs. My check engine light came on and when I had it scanned it was a code for the catalytic converter and the o2 sensors. Whe I brought the car to honda they said they could not fix it under the warranty because the wrong spark plugs caused both the cat and the sensors to get fried. I went back to the place that did my tune up and tehy replaced the spark plugs and o2 sensors for free. They showed me the sensor and it was slightly cut, I have only driven 50 miles since this, and the check engine light hasnt come back on yet. Can having the wrong spark plugs really have caused these other parts to get fried?
have the same problem?
Friday, April 6th, 2007 AT 2:54 PM