EXHAUST MANIFOLD QUESTION.

Honda Civic

nekocj

May, 30, 2006 AT 2:35 PM

I have a cracked exhaust manifold in a 2003 Honda Civic 4D, LX model with a manual transmission. Its hard to find decently priced exhaust manifolds for this type of car, however I found a nicely priced one for the exact car only this one is for an EX model. My question is can I place an exhaust manifold for a civic EX into my LX?

Thanks.

-CJ

Bruce Hunt

May, 30, 2006 AT 9:49 PM

Right around the timing belt cover is an engine code. Something like F15B or such. If the exhaust is from the same engine type it should work. Junkyards have software that will match up the item you have and give you other years and models that will work.

nekocj

May, 31, 2006 AT 1:39 AM

Thanks, but which one is the timing belt cover? And is this number on the cover or is it just next to it?

-CJ

Bruce Hunt

May, 31, 2006 AT 8:11 AM

Timing belt cover is the plastic cover at the end of the engine. Usually on the driver side of the vehicle. It is where the alternator and A/C pump are. Often the cover is white and the number will be on a sticker.

Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Replace Muffler
Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter