BUMPER DAMAGE

Honda Civic

bpmccaff

July, 2, 2006 AT 3:47 PM

I own a 2005 Honda Civic EX, 6000 miles. Someone bumped me from behind, and I have an imprint of their license plate and 2 small dents from the screws, and a couple small cracks on the bumper. Is this something worth fixing besides using touch up paint?

doc

July, 5, 2006 AT 8:13 AM

I had about the same on my 2000 civic. The body guy said not to bother. If you do have it fixed in a body shop, expect about a week to replace/paint the bumper, otherwise, just do the touch-up yourself.

Bruce Hunt

July, 5, 2006 AT 11:32 AM

You have to ask yourself what it is you are willing to live with.

vandragon

July, 5, 2006 AT 2:14 PM

I don't know where you live or how much insurance is required but was the police called and a report filed? Most insurance providers offer rental coverage. With that little damage the body shop will give you an estimate and order the parts. Meanwhile you can drive the car until they call, then get the rental car! This is all up to you but if it were me on a car that new, I would get it repaired. If you don't you will always wish you did, there may be more damage than meets the eye. Vandragon

Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Mercedes
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Headlight Lens/Housing Replacement Mini
Open Hood Video
Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon