P1361 IGNITION CONTROL (IC) CIRCUIT LOW V

2001 Honda Civic

Maverick650

August, 27, 2008 AT 11:00 PM

2001 Honda Civic 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 102000 miles

Hello, I just want to know the meaning and cause of this code and also how can I fix it myself? Please help me to fix this issue (P1361 Ignition Control (IC) Circuit Low Voltage) . Thank you so much and more power.

Ex P1361 Code

Code P1361

August, 29, 2008 AT 3:04 PM

Hi Maverick650

DTC P1361: CMP (TDC) SENSOR INTERMITTENT INTERRUPTION, DTC P1362: CMP (TDC) SENSOR NO SIGNAL
1. Reset the ECM/PCM
2. Start the engine. Is DTC P1361 and/or P1362 indicated? YES - Go to step 3. NO - Intermittent failure, system is OK at this time. Check for poor connections or loose terminals at the CMP (TDC) sensor and at the ECM/PCM.
3. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
4. Disconnect the CMP (TDC) sensor 3P connector.
5. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
6. Measure voltage between CMP (TDC) sensor 3P connector terminal No. 3 and body ground.
Is there battery voltage? YES - Go to step 7. NO - Repair open in the wire between PGM-FI main relay 1 and the CMP (TDC) sensor.
7. Measure voltage between CMP (TDC) sensor 3P connector terminal No. 2 and body ground.
Is there about 5 V? YES - Go to step 8. NO - Go to step 10.
8. Measure voltage between CMP (TDC) sensor 3P connector terminals No. 1 and No. 3.
Is there battery voltage? YES - Go to step 9. NO - Repair open in the wire between the CMP (TDC) sensor and G101.
9. Substitute a known-good CMP (TDC) sensor and recheck. 8
Is DTC P1361 and/or P1362 indicated? YES - Update the ECM/PCM if it does not have the latest software, or substitute a known- good ECM/PCM, then recheck. If the symptom/indication goes away with a known-good ECM/PCM, replace the original ECM/PCM. NO - Replace the original CMP (TDC) sensor.
Measure voltage between ECM/PCM connector terminal A26 and body ground.
Is there about 5 V? YES - Repair open in the wire between the ECM/PCM (A26) and CMP (TDC) sensor. NO - Go to step 11.
Turn the ignition switch OFF.
Disconnect ECM/PCM connector A (31P).
Check for continuity between ECM/PCM connector terminal A26 and body ground.
Is there continuity? YES - Repair short in the wire between the ECM/PCM (A26) and the CMP (TDC) sensor. NO - Update the ECM/PCM if it does not have the latest software, or substitute a known- good ECM/PCM, then recheck. If the symptom/indication goes away with a known-good ECM/PCM, replace the original ECM/PCM.

Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Coolant Temperature Sender Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right