MY 97 DX BLOWS WHITE SMOKE AT

1997 Honda Civic

Rbb546

March, 19, 2009 AT 1:01 AM

Smells problem
1997 Honda Civic 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual

My Car blows white smoke at higher rpms not that I go that high often but just noticed it. I just had recently had a new engine put in. New water pump and everything. Well the water pump started leaking and took it back to the shop and they said the O ring had been pushed back further than it should have and so they went ahead and put another new O ring and water pump on. Doesnt smoke on start up anymore. Just at high rpms. Mechanic said just need to burn off any coolant that may have got into engine out and should be fine. This sound good?

March, 19, 2009 AT 1:43 AM

Mechanic said just need to burn off any coolant that may have got into engine out and should be fine

Its still leaking somewhere-I've been here before-not smoking at idle but when you get up to higher RPM's it seeps thru. Get it block and pressure tested properly.

Replacing Head Gasket
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla