1994 HONDA CIVIC POWER WINDOWS, SUNROOF NOT WORKING

• 94civic
  • 1994 Honda Civic

1994 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 110000 miles

I have a 94 Honda Civic 2dr EX. Both windows, the sunroof, and interior light do not operate. I've checked all the fuses and everyone is ok. I have no power to any of the fuses for these at the box and no power to the switches in the door. Also I can hear a relay click above the left kick panel when I try the sunroof. Is this a common problem for these? A bad relay somewhere? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

Wednesday, April 21st, 2010 AT 6:39 PM

• F4I_guy

If you had no power at the fuses, you either had the key off, or you had a bad ground (if you used a testlight). Re-check the fuses.

If necessary, try and bypass the relay to make sure the relay is working properly.

Thursday, April 22nd, 2010 AT 6:35 AM
  • 94civic

The fuses i'm not getting power to are the ones that control the sunroof and power windows. I had the key on and I even tried the switches as I had the test light on the fuses to make sure they would be activated. I have power to the rest of the fuse box so I know I had a good ground for the test light. It seems that no power is getting to the fuse box for the windows and sunroof. I'm not sure if there is a relay in line before the box or not. Also don;t know how to bypass the relay to test to see if it's bad or not. Always hated electrical in cars!

Thursday, April 22nd, 2010 AT 10:19 AM