POWER WINDOWS, SUNROOF NOT WORKING

1994 Honda Civic

94civic

April, 21, 2010 AT 6:39 PM

1994 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 110000 miles

I have a 94 Honda Civic 2dr EX. Both windows, the sunroof, and interior light do not operate. I've checked all the fuses and everyone is ok. I have no power to any of the fuses for these at the box and no power to the switches in the door. Also I can hear a relay click above the left kick panel when I try the sunroof. Is this a common problem for these? A bad relay somewhere? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

F4I_guy

April, 22, 2010 AT 6:35 AM

If you had no power at the fuses, you either had the key off, or you had a bad ground (if you used a testlight). Re-check the fuses.

If necessary, try and bypass the relay to make sure the relay is working properly.

94civic

April, 22, 2010 AT 10:19 AM

The fuses i'm not getting power to are the ones that control the sunroof and power windows. I had the key on and I even tried the switches as I had the test light on the fuses to make sure they would be activated. I have power to the rest of the fuse box so I know I had a good ground for the test light. It seems that no power is getting to the fuse box for the windows and sunroof. I'm not sure if there is a relay in line before the box or not. Also don; t know how to bypass the relay to test to see if it's bad or not. Always hated electrical in cars!

Wiper Blade Replacement Porsche Carrera
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda