CRUISE CONTROL

Honda Accord

ilovemyhonda

September, 6, 2007 AT 3:17 PM

1996 Honda Accord LX, 68,000 miles, 4 cylinder. Great car, no problems until now. The cruise control has suddenly stopped working. I use it often and miss having it. The cruise control button on the dash lights up, when I push " set" on the steering wheel the other indicator on the dash lights, just like it always did, but if I take my foot off of the accelerator the speed diminishes. Could this be related to a fuse? If so, where do I look? Yes, I'm a woman and I don't want to get ripped off taking it somewhere. In the overall scheme of things it's not a big deal, but I miss having it available to use. Thanks. : Roll:

samuel alan

October, 18, 2007 AT 11:37 PM

There is a fuse box under the dash and maybe under the hood of the car. But if the cruise light is coming on but nothing is happening, then it is probably not the fuse. Sorry for the bad info.

lostinmars

October, 19, 2007 AT 9:53 PM

Make sure the brake light switch is good. If the switch is open the vehicle will not allow the cruise to be set.

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon