1999 Honda Accord no rear running lights 99 Accord

99BAGGEDACCORD
  • 1999 HONDA ACCORD

1999 Honda Accord 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 170000 miles

I don't have any rear running lights. Front running lights work. I checked all fuses in all 3 fuse box locations and all are ok. Brake lights work when I press on them. Please help anything else I can check. All gronds and wires seem to be ok just don't know if there are any modules or relays to check. Thanks

Sunday, April 4th, 2010 AT 11:06 PM

KHLOW2008

Hi 99baggedaccord,

Thank you for the donation.

Did you check the bulbs? The taillight and brakes are 2 different circuit and the taillight bulbs can fail with the brake lights in good working condition.

The front and rear running lights are in the same circuit so it should not be a fault with the fuses. If the bulbs are good, then the most likely cause would be a loose connector somewhere.

If you have a test lamp, test the taillight Red/Black wire for battery voltage with the lights turned on.

Monday, April 5th, 2010 AT 12:17 PM
99BAGGEDACCORD

I tested the red and black wire for voltage and nothing and all fuses are good is there a relay or module I can check. I had this issue with the fronts awhile back and my car audio buddy hooked up a jumper wire with fuse and relay. We checked what he did and that is still ok. So I am guessing a relay or something else

Wednesday, April 7th, 2010 AT 6:51 PM
KHLOW2008

As the front lights are working, it is not a fuse or relay issue.

There is an open in the wire and it could be from the underdash fusebox.

Use the test lamp to test the Red/Black wire at underdash fusebox connector to the rear, at driver kickpanel.

Thursday, April 8th, 2010 AT 8:33 AM