ENGINE PERFORMANCE PROBLEM1996 HONDA ACCORD 4 ...

1996 Honda Accord

basoenek

December, 8, 2009 AT 12:45 PM

1996 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

1. How do I know if my air vacuum system is working ok and what is the right vacuum hoses connection.
2. My car temp goes up when I put off the a/c. The a/c fan stops to function. Why?
3. My SRS and check lights are on. What are the likely causes?
4. My fuel comsumption seems high. How can I be more efficient.

December, 13, 2009 AT 2:46 AM

Hi basoenek,

1. Test have to be carried to determine if the vacumns are working. For the coorect installation, you would have to get a diagram or another vehicle to visually confirm.

2. The cooling fans works with the AC turned ON and does off when the AC is turned OFF. When AC is not turned on, they would only operate when the fan thermo switch is turned on when the coolant temperature reaches the preset temperature of the fan switch. If the fans do not work with AC off and engine overheats, it could be a faulty fan switch or its control.

3. When check indicators illuminates, an error has been detected and to confirm the source, the trouble codes have to be retrieved. It can be anything from a disconnected wire to a bad controlo unit. Get the trouble codes retrieved at Autozone, they provide free scanning services.

4. When the CEL is indicating, performance and fuel consumption would be affected, get it resolved first.

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Chevrolet
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Taurus
Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn LS1
Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Tundra
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Toyota
Engine Oil Change and Filter GMC Sierra