1994 Honda Accord security system

KCALIPETRO
  • 1994 HONDA ACCORD
My son got in a front end accident with air bag deployment. I disconeceted the negitive battery terminal to do all repairs to the front end lights and remove the driver srs. All repairs are complete but I was unable to find a replacement srs, so I reinstalled deployed srs. After putting everything back I reinstalled the negative terminal.
the security system light on the sterring column is blinking and there is a clicking comming from under the dash. The power comes on but the car will not start. It apears the security system is preventing it from starting, what do I need to do to reset or overide?
Sunday, February 14th, 2010 AT 8:38 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi kcalipetro,

After connecting all doors and use the key to lock and unlock the driver door.

Is you security system factory or after market?
Thursday, February 18th, 2010 AT 2:30 AM
KCALIPETRO
[quote="KHLow2008"]Hi kcalipetro,

Is you security system factory or after market?[/Quot
e]
it is the factory system. I tried your sequence but it still is preventing it from starting.
Thursday, February 18th, 2010 AT 9:28 PM
KHLOW2008
Is the security system factory or after market?

Do you have a fob to arm or disarm the system?
Friday, February 19th, 2010 AT 2:34 AM
KCALIPETRO
Yes it is factory security. I tried to put the key in and lock, unlock dorr but it wont reset alarm and allow ot to start
Saturday, February 20th, 2010 AT 9:41 AM
KHLOW2008
If the alarm is not going off and only the security light is blinking, the key is not being read by the immobilizer.

Recheck if the steering column wireharness and ignition switch is correctly and securely installed. Check underhood and underdash fuses.
Saturday, February 20th, 2010 AT 9:53 AM
KCALIPETRO
The alarm is clicking and beeping at times. I checked the fuses and all are good. There was no work done to the the steering column or wire harness except to remove and reinstall the SRS. I checked all connections and they are secure. For some reson the interuper modual is not reading the key and not allowing it to start. We bought the car used and do not have the original factory key, it is a aftermarket copy. Would that cause "confusion" in the interupter?
+2
Sunday, February 21st, 2010 AT 10:11 AM
KCALIPETRO
Sorry I forgot to tell you that I do NOT have the FOB. I have a replacement master key and a valet key.
Sunday, February 21st, 2010 AT 10:23 AM
KHLOW2008
The alarm system has been activated when battery terminals are disconnected and reconnected.

Without the fob and with possible faults with the key, there is one more option that you can try. I never recommend this unless all others fails.

Ensure battery is fully charged and has been taken off charger for more than 1 hour. This is to ensure the battery is stable before installing.

An under charged battery is ok, but never an overcharged battery for this procedure.

Connect the positive battery terminals.
Turn all electrical components OFF.
Turn ignition switch to ON.
Install the negative battery terminal and tighten to secure.
If the alarm doesnot come on, the process is complete.
If alarm goes off, disconnect negative terminals and repeat process again.

After market master key might not work until it is programmed by the dealer to match the computer.

I am not able to find any details about the security system for the year model in our database.

Good luck
+1
Sunday, February 21st, 2010 AT 10:55 AM
KCALIPETRO
No luck on last proceedure of turning it to on position with neg terminal off then connecting. Would getting a replacement FOB from honda cure this problem or is that a "crap shoot" also?
Monday, February 22nd, 2010 AT 9:26 PM
KHLOW2008
Programming would be required for the new fob and can be done by the dealer only.
+1
Tuesday, February 23rd, 2010 AT 9:39 AM