1991 Honda Accord WHAT'S WRONG

HOND1991
  • 1991 HONDA ACCORD
ABOUT THREE DAYS AGO MY REAR MOUNT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED AND WHEN I PUT THE CAR IN GEAR IN KNOCKED SO HARD THAT THE PIPE CAME OUT THE MUFFLER. THEN THE NEXT THING I NOTICED WAS THAT THE SPEEDOMETER STARTED TO MALFUNCTION JUMPING AND I THINK READING WRONG SPEED, WORKING WHEN IT WANTED TO. THE CHECK ENG LIGHT ALSO CAME ON ALONG WITH THE "S" LIGHT FLASHING. PLEASE HELP AND I AM SO SORRY THAT AT THIS MOMENT I CAN NOT GIVE A DONATION BUT WILL NEXT I USE THIS SITE AND IT DEEMS HELPFUL.
SINCERELY
P. THOMAS
Friday, June 12th, 2009 AT 11:47 AM

F4I_GUY
This may all be related to that rear engine mount. The exhaust pipe broke off because of two reasons

1)It's old and rusty
2) the exhaust is now flexing a lot more than it should because you have bad mount(s)

Now, the speedometer issue is most likely the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) or because the engine is moving so much, it may be a loose connection or rubbing wire.
Friday, June 12th, 2009 AT 5:02 PM