Thanks for the information.
I have attached the test procedures for the speed sensor:
1. Check for blown 10-amp gauges fuse in dash fuse block. Disconnect 3-pin connector from speed sensor, located on right side of engine.
2. Use an ohmmeter to check continuity between black wire terminal and ground. If continuity exists, go to next step. If continuity does not exist, check black wire for an open circuit. Also, check for poor ground.
3. Turn ignition on. Use a voltmeter to check voltage between yellow wire terminal and ground. If battery voltage is present, go to next step. If battery voltage is not present, check yellow wire for an open circuit.
4. With ignition on, check voltage between white/blue wire (orange wire on Accord) terminal and ground. If voltage is about five volts, go to next step. If voltage is not about five volts, check white/blue wire (orange wire on Accord) for an open circuit.
5. If continuity and voltage checks are okay, but speedometer/odometer/trim meter does not operate properly, replace speed sensor.
It sounds like it may be the sensor, but I would still do the check. The sensor is on top of the trans-axle.
Wednesday, August 26th, 2009 AT 10:01 PM