Heat/AC issues, codes B 10 81 07 and B 10 86 07

JCRAPO
  • 2016 FORD FUSION
  • TURBO
No heat on driver side, and only blows air from the face vents on both sides. Will not switch to defrost or floor vents. Running the self-diagnostics yields two codes.
B 10 81 07
B 10 86 07
I pulled the driver blend door actuator, reconnected it and tested. The actuator moves back and forth with the driver temperature setting. Manually moved the baffle to the hot side, set the temperature to hot, and reinstalled the actuator. Hot air would blow out. Switched to cold, and cold air came out. Switched back to hot, and it's still cold air. Somehow, the actuator moves fine when uninstalled, but will only go from hot to cold when installed. Then gets stuck in the cold position.

Not sure where the distribution actuator is or how to remove/replace. Any help would be appreciated.
Wednesday, October 13th, 2021 AT 1:42 PM

Hi,

The codes are for the left temperature actuator and the mode door actuator. First, and I feel bad to say this, but the mode door requires the removal of the steering column to replace or inspect it. Also, if the vehicle has a heated steering wheel, that module will also need to be removed.

If you look at the first two pics below, they are for the mode door actuator. If you need help accessing it, let me know. Also, if you plan to replace it, make sure to get a quality actuator. Some of the less expensive ones will fail shortly after install.

As far as the blend/temperature actuator, remove it again and inspect the components for any cracks or damage. Also, using your finger, place a small load on it to see if it continues to move in both directions.

Let me know what you find or if you have other questions.

Take care,

See pics below.
Wednesday, October 13th, 2021 AT 7:59 PM

Sponsored links