P0446 ERROR CODE, ENGINE FEELS LIKE IT IS VA

2003 GMC Yukon

Ace Motorsports

January, 29, 2010 AT 9:32 AM

2003 GMC Yukon V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 170000 miles

My shop truck is reading the P0446 evap emission system vent circuit code and I have no idea what needs to be replaced. When the truck is at operating temp, it feels like it vapor locks when I press on the gas from a stop light. It seems to me that these two issues would be related since it is a vent code. I was told from my parts store it could be my charcoal canister or the vent attatched to it. There is always a lot of pressure realeased from the gas cap whenever I fill up and releasing that pressure seems to help the vapor locking issue as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P0446

brian 1

Replace the vent solenoid, very common. There is a new updated vent solenoid for these, it will come with a new filter which needs to be relocated to the side of the transmission. Here is the part #15105605
Bracket, EVAP Emission Canister Purge, 10382105
Valve, EVAP Emission Canister Control. Also check the evap canister, alot of them fill with gas from a restriction in the evap sys or overfilling the gas tank, just remove it and see if its filled with gas, if it is replace it.

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Camshaft Angle Sensor Replacement P0015