MISFIRE

2002 GMC Yukon

norunyukon

2002 GMC Yukon V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 56,546 miles

took my truck to the gmc dealer for adiagnosis of a lack of power. The truck seemed to run good at an idle but lugged when I got on the throttle. I was told that it was missing on number six and it was either a broken valve spring or a fuel injector. At this point I took the truck home and did some looking.

-pulled off the valve cover, springs ok -changed fuel injector, no change -did a compression test, 150psi -did a compression test with both ajacent plugs removed, 150psi -moved plug, lead, and coil to different hole, no change -tested fuel pressure, ok -tested with noid lights, ok -sprayed intake while running with cleaner found no vacum leaks. Please help

Compression Test

1 IMAGE

Docfixit

January, 13, 2009 AT 11:01 AM

What about intake gasket failure on the valley side?

norunyukon

Installed new intake manifold, still no change

Docfixit

This may sound weird but pull valve cover rotate engine see if intake valve is opening.

norunyukon

Pulled off the valve cover just now and all the valves are moving the same

Docfixit

There is a service bulletin on any missfire 301 to 308. Look for ground wire either on front or rear of right cylinder head. Remove clean see what happens.
You now know it is none of the stuff Dealer told you.

norunyukon

January, 21, 2009 AT 8:56 AM

Looked all over both front and back of heads, I found no ground wire or any markings of one that may have been. There is however one large ground that goes from the firewall to the block, cleaned no change. Also to note did a leakage test, like new.

Docfixit

Is this a plain Yukon or Denali or what. Is it 4.8 5.3. Or 6.0?

norunyukon

I am sorry that I neglected to add that into the description. Yes it is the denali with a 6.0l

Docfixit

January, 22, 2009 AT 8:00 AM

O.K. That helps there are a few TSB on the fuel system what I need now is the DTC in the P0xxx format. When you did compression test where all plugs out? If not that will not give a reliable reading.

norunyukon

The code it gives is P0300, when I did the compression test I removed all the plugs.

Engine Cylinder Compression Test - All Cars
Replacing Head Gasket
Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Tahoe 2015
Engine Oil Change and Filter Replacement