BLEEDING BRAKES

2002 GMC Sonoma

amorse1

September, 6, 2010 AT 10:20 PM

Brakes problem
2002 GMC Sonoma 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

On my 2002 GMC Sonoma I changed the rotors, bearings, and brake pads on the front of my truck. I bleeded both front brakes and they are still spongy and I can hear air still in the system. What did I do wrong? What do I need to do to fix the problem? A friend bleeded the master clinder but that did not fix the problem.

Brake Fluid Bleeding

1 IMAGE

Brake Bleed Issues

Wrenchtech

September, 7, 2010 AT 7:52 AM

It's not possible to hear air in the lines. If you are hearing air swishing, it's likely coming from the booster. I don't know why you were bleeding it in the first place. It wasn't necessary to change the parts you changed. I hope when you are testing these brakes that you are actually moving the vehicle to test them. It's pretty normal for that vehicle to have a spongy feeling pedal but when driven, it requires very little effort to stop the vehicle. If you really got air all through the system now, you will likely need a pressure bleeder to get it all out of the ABS unit.

Bleed and Flush Your Brake System Correctly
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Rear
Front Brake Pads & Rotor Replacement Chevy