OIL

GMC

bomber_boy

May, 27, 2006 AT 6:23 AM

I have a 2006 Impala 3LT v-6 3.6L, I have been told that full synthetic oil gums up the engine?Is that true?Im comin close to my first oil change and have been wondering if full sythetic or a synthetic blend is better, also any parts that help you get better fuel mileage such as oil filters, fuel filters, air filters erc. And whats the best sytnthetic tranny fluid additive?

Thanx- Bomber_Boy

burrbrian

May, 27, 2006 AT 8:49 AM

Personnely, I have always been told that any oil with a wax base to it would do this. Check the list of stuff in it and see if it shows carnuaba in it. That is wax. It will gum up if left sitting for a while. It takes time for this to happen but sooner or later it will build up. Pennzoil and Quaker state have this in them, I have always prefered Valvoline or Castrol myself, but that is just my preference. Don't think just because it is a synthetic would do it. Hope this helps. : Shock:

Engine Oil Change and Filter Acura TSX
 Oil Change and Filter Replacement Subaru
 Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Engine Oil Change and Filter Kia Forte
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Escape