NO REVERSE OR DRIVE GEAR

GMC

countrystrong71

February, 24, 2007 AT 4:27 PM

Hello all. Im new here and I am hopefull that someone can tell me something positive.

I have a 1997 Chevy S10 Pickup. 2WD, 6 cyl, 4.3, automatic, that has about 198,000 miles on it.

Last week, as I was driving home on the freeway, I noticed that it wouldnt go into drive, so I kept it at a low speed and took the next exit. Well come to find out that I didnt have revers either.

just need to know if anyone has any info other than ~~get a new one~~that could help me.

thank you!

CHEVYII

February, 24, 2007 AT 4:48 PM

Is that the mileage on the transmission also, I would check the fluid level and condition before anything and do you have any lights on? If you check the fluid and its low start it up, fill to proper level with merconIII and see what happens, if the fluid is full and burned or you can see any material on the dipstick it may be that time, the 4l60e was plagued with problems for years now but if it has 198k it may have served you well, check those things and get back to us : D

Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Automatic Transmission Service