BRAKE PROBLEMS

GMC

tutbagi

April, 3, 2006 AT 3:59 PM

I HAVE A 1995 CHEVY BLAZER 4.3L WITH 94000 MILES ON IT. A YEAR AGO I CHANGED THE CALIPER ON THE DRIVERS SIDE BECAUSE IT WAS STICKING. RECENTLY THE PASSENGER SIDE STARTED TO DO THE SAME THING I CHANGED THE CALIPER ON THE PASSENGER SIDE AND IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE INSTALLATION ON THE TEST DRIVE THE DRIVER SIDE CALIPER STARTED LOCKING ONTO THE BRAKES. THE SYSTEM WAS TAKEN DOWN AGAIN AND ALL THE BRAKE FLUID WAS BLEEDED OUT OF BOTH SIDES AND REPLACED WITH NEW FLUID. BUT THE PROBLEM PERSISTS. HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THAT COULD BE?

adnonimape

April, 3, 2006 AT 4:08 PM

Perhaps the new caliper you installed was defective. My friend recently went through 4 different calipers before he got one that worked (they were brand new from the store as well).
Try returning the new caliper, and getting another new one, this may fix the problem.

tutbagi

April, 3, 2006 AT 8:06 PM

THE NEW ONE IS WORKING FINE. I REPLACED THE ONE ON THE PASSENGER SIDE BUT IT'S THE ONE ON THE DRIVER SIDE THAT IMMEDIATELY STARTED ACTING UP.

Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front BMW M3
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Front Brake Pads & Rotor Replacement Chevy
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Rear
Brake Pads/Rotor Replacement Chevy Silverado