2002 GMC Envoy Crunching noise when brakes applied or vehic

SABZDOK
  • 2002 GMC ENVOY
Suspension problem
2002 GMC Envoy Engine Size unknown Four Wheel Drive Automatic 85000 miles

When I apply my brakes I hear a crunching noise in the front of the car. I recently had the tie rods replaced and also have new front brakes on the vehicle. I have been to 3 different mechanics and they haven't been able to determine the cause. Could this be a suspension problem or possibly a bushing problem?
Monday, January 21st, 2008 AT 7:33 PM

JACK42
Did it do this before the brakes? Might be the pad material that was used. Did anyone find anything wrong with the suspension upon inspection? Wheel bearings?
Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008 AT 8:01 AM
SABZDOK
This problem started about 3 months after I replaced the brakes. It actually happened shortly after I replaced the tie rods. The car rides well so I am unsure if it is a suspension problem. I purchased ceramic pads as I was told that this was the premium pad. Thanks for your help!
Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008 AT 11:26 AM
JACK42
That might be the premioum aftermarket pad, but I prefer to stick with the OEM stuff. Have the front wheel bearings been checked?
Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008 AT 11:58 AM