DTC P1218 - INJECTION PUMP CALIBRATION CIRCUIT
PCM uses a calibrated resistor mounted internally in injection pump to determine fuel rates. Resistor value is stored in PCM memory. If PCM memory is disturbed or PCM is replaced, PCM will relearn resistor value on next ignition cycle.
DTC will set when the following conditions are present: PCM currently does not have a valid resistor value.
PCM is unable to read resistor value.
1. Perform Powertrain On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) System Check. After performing OBD system check, go to next step.
2. Check if any other DTCs are set. If any other DTCs are set, go to appropriate DTC. If any other DTCs are not set, go to next step.
3. Check connection at fuel solenoid driver. Clear DTCs and cycle engine. If DTC clears, go to step 5). If DTC does not clear, go to next step.
4. Replace fuel injection pump. If fuel injection pump is replaced, new pump must be timed. See appropriate ADJUSTMENTS article. Go to next step. 5. Using scan tool, select DTC, CLEAR INFO. Start and warm engine to normal operating temperature. Select DTC, SPECIFIC, then enter DTC P1218. Operate vehicle within the conditions for setting this DTC. If scan tool indicates that this test ran and passed, go to next step. If scan tool does not indicate that this test ran and passed, repeat step 2).
6. Using scan tool, select CAPTURE INFO, REVIEW INFO. If any undiagnosed DTC(s) are displayed, go to applicable DTC test.
Diagnostic Aids Check connection at fuel injector driver. Clear DTCs and cycle engine. If DTC clears, treat condition as an intermittent.
Shop: WINN AUTOMOTIVE
Date: 1/31/2008 8:41:03 AM
For those who are not aware of this.
If the driver module is replaced, the calibration chip must be transfered from the old driver. If the chip is missing this code will be the result. (P1218 or 56)
Sunday, October 31st, 2010 AT 2:15 PM