BATTERY IS FULLY CHARGED, CAR IS DEAD &

2009 GMC Acadia

kiwi6682

April, 18, 2010 AT 11:02 AM

2009 GMC Acadia 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 14000 miles

I have no idea what is happening with my car. I went to unlock my car and the remote wouldn't work, so I manually unlocked it. Went to try and start it and it wouldn't start. Now my key will not come out of the ignition. It will turn to all three positions except for off, where I need it to go to come out. It appears that everything in it is dead. The lights won't turn out, the seats won't move on, the automatic locks dont work, etc. We've already tried jumping it and also taking a voltometer to the batter and the battery is fully charged. Any ideas? The only thing we can think of is that it's maybe something to do with the anti theft deterrent or something since I unlocked it manually? But I dont think thats it. Please help!

bluelightnin6

April, 19, 2010 AT 12:40 AM

Hello and thanks for donating

Is there an anti-theft light (usually red) flashing or solid on in vehicle? If not then most likely the anti-theft system is fine. May want to check the battery cable connections. Make sure the terminals are clean and tight properly. Also make sure connection is good on starter and grounded to engine good as well.

camrltr

May, 19, 2010 AT 3:47 PM

Does your vehicle have a navigation system? This happened to me 3 times and each time dealer couldn't find what was wrong until finally they saw there was a computer software patch for the navigation software and it's been fine since that.

Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement