Fuel line assembly diagram needed

WARBLE44
  • 1993 SATURN SL2
  • TURBO
Replacing the fuel pump, my friend removed the gas tank and did not tell me which of the three fuel lines from the pump went to which of the three fuel lines on the car. Do you have a diagram that will show me which connecting fuel line goes to which?
Thank you
Tuesday, November 29th, 2016 AT 5:43 AM

SATURNTECH9
There pretty straight forward. The two with the plastic locking clips are the return and pressure the one with the rubber hose on it is the evaporator line. They should only go one way easily as far as plug the return and pressure ones in.
+1
Tuesday, November 29th, 2016 AT 7:12 AM
WARBLE44
Well, I have got the three line connected. Questionably. From the tank, one was female, one male and for lack of a better term, one child (it has neither, just straight). However, from the body there is one female and two males so I matched them up by length. I know the pump works fine, I believe the relay and fuse are both fine, but I still do not seem to be getting fuel the engine. It wants to start but it just keeps choking out. I am at the end of my mechanical knowledge.
Wednesday, November 30th, 2016 AT 10:00 AM
SATURNTECH9
Have you measured the actual fuel pressure before you replaced the pump? Have you tried holding the gas pedal all the way to the floor while trying to start the car? You could have a bad coolant temperature sensor and the car could be flooding very common on those cars.
+1
Wednesday, November 30th, 2016 AT 12:44 PM
WARBLE44
Oh boy, I'm hopping with excitement! It sounds like you hit the nail on the head with your last question. Yes, I checked the pressure. Yes, I've held the petal to the floor and yes, it does keep flooding AAnnd, I've been having quite a bit of problems trying to keep the temperature down. It's late and I just got home from work but come first light tommorrow, you know where i'll be. I'll give you a full report in the marnin. Thank you tech9, for you time and wisdom
Wednesday, November 30th, 2016 AT 7:09 PM
SATURNTECH9
You want to replace the bottom sensor with two wires going to it. Also look on the inside of the connector if the terminals are green or blue instead of silver you need to replace the connector as well.
+2
Wednesday, November 30th, 2016 AT 7:18 PM
WARBLE44
Ok, thanks
Wednesday, November 30th, 2016 AT 7:24 PM
SATURNTECH9
OK your welcome keep me posted.
Wednesday, November 30th, 2016 AT 7:25 PM