INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKET & AIR CONDITIONER

Ford Windstar

Janelle318

April, 9, 2007 AT 10:49 AM

I have a 2003 Ford Windstar LX that needs to have the intake manifold gasket replaced. How long should this take.I have had conflicting stories and want to see what a professional says. Best case vs worst case so that I have an idea of what this is going to cost me!
Also when I tried to use the ac the other day it was blowing full strength but was not cold as it should have been and the back vents were blowing hot air. My FIL put two cans of coolant and it is still putting out warm air. This too will be looked at when the gaskets are replaced but I wanted to see if anyone could give me an idea of what the problem may be so that we may be able to repair it ourselves!

merlin2021

April, 9, 2007 AT 10:58 AM

Unless you are a mechanic or have knowledge about it. Leave it to the pros. Doing an intake manifold gasket set is an all day job.

Janelle318

April, 9, 2007 AT 11:08 AM

We have NO INTENTIONS of going anywhere near the IMG! That is going to a mechanic to be done in shop on Wed.I was just trying to prepare myself for cost. They just said a few hours. It is a friend of my BIL doing it so I am hoping I can trust him this will be the first time he is working on anything for us!

We have a friend that is a mechanic and does small work at home that we were going to have look at the air. That is what I wondering what else could be wrong that it would blow warm air.

Thanks for the feedback so quickly merlin!

merlin2021

April, 9, 2007 AT 11:11 AM

You need to check the refridgerant, the compressor, the low pressure switch, and leaks.

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro