2002 Ford Windstar Check traction control

CPAUL
  • 2002 FORD WINDSTAR

Computer problem
2002 Ford Windstar 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 54000 miles

I have an intermittant problem- we start driving and within 1 mile the buzzer goes, we get "check traction control" message, the ABS light, brake light, and the traction control off lights all go on.
I have checked for brake fluid leaks- there are none and brake resivor is full.

Thursday, September 4th, 2008 AT 2:27 PM

DOCFIXIT

Hi cpaul
Going to need to pull DTC's fron computer. Take van to an Auto Zone, Advance Auto or O'Riley they will code for free. Then post codes and will advise what is going on. Let me know
Thanks for your donation

Thursday, September 4th, 2008 AT 3:36 PM
CPAUL

Hi Docfixit
Thank you for your response.
I went to Auto Zone and had it checked for trouble codes- there are no codes; it passed.

Cpaul

Thursday, September 4th, 2008 AT 7:06 PM
DOCFIXIT

Upon extensive study of the anti-lock traction control for your vehicle the problem is with the ABS control module. The module controls both brake and traction control and can store DTC's to aid in finding problems. The test port is under dash to right of steering wheel and Ford dealer is the one with the scanner and the info to diagnose. Sorry I could not resolve but Mr. Ford has the corner on this repair.

Friday, September 5th, 2008 AT 8:02 AM