2001 Ford Windstar reseting code

TTGMUGGLE
  • 2001 FORD WINDSTAR
Hello we just purch. A 2001 winstar and the dealer couldnt tell us the code to unlock the doors or how to reset the code I was wondering if this was an easy job that I could do of if I needed to take it to an actual ford dealer thank you for your help
Saturday, July 19th, 2008 AT 11:29 PM

BMRFIXIT
KEYLESS ENTRY KEYPAD
Enter 5-digit permanent factory entry code into keypad. This code can be found on owner's wallet card in glove box, or taped to Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) module. Within 5 seconds of pressing last button of permanent factory entry code, press 1/2 button on keypad. Holding 1/2 button for more than 2 seconds will erase customer code. Doors will lock and unlock to confirm code has been erased. Within 5 seconds of holding 1/2 button, enter a new 5-digit customer code into keyless entry keypad. Doors will lock and unlock to confirm programming has been successful
+1
Sunday, July 20th, 2008 AT 9:09 AM
TTGMUGGLE
Thanks but you see thats still the problem we got the car used (Duh) and the last owner didnt leave the card in the van and the used car dealer didnt know the code nor do they know how to reset it thats what im asking please dont think I have the numbers that make it work if I did I dont think I would be asking if there was a reset not a reprogram

thank you
Tuesday, July 22nd, 2008 AT 4:37 PM
BMRFIXIT
If u read in the 1st posting I did

KEYLESS ENTRY KEYPAD
Enter 5-digit permanent factory entry code into keypad. This code can be found on owner's wallet card in glove box,
((or taped to Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) module)).

Within 5 seconds of pressing last button of permanent factory entry code, press 1/2 button on keypad. Holding 1/2 button for more than 2 seconds will erase customer code. Doors will lock and unlock to confirm code has been erased. Within 5 seconds of holding 1/2 button, enter a new 5-digit customer code into keyless entry keypad. Doors will lock and unlock to confirm programming has been successful

it tells u where is the # s that u need

its located at the module in front under the dash
it has a sticker on it with the codes
Tuesday, July 22nd, 2008 AT 8:56 PM