BATTERY SAVER RELAY

1996 Ford Windstar

armyman11602001

February, 24, 2009 AT 6:45 PM

1996 Ford Windstar 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 195231 miles

on my windstar I have replaced the battery saver relay once already and 2 days later it is acting up with the relay in the van wont start no lights no nothing I am unsure of what to do any help would be greatful

Not Charging Battery

Battery Will Not Charge

Schrimpieman

February, 27, 2009 AT 10:02 PM

Are battery contacts clean and tight? Take terminals off the battery, clean them well and see if this makes a difference. They may look clean from the outside, but it's the contact they make to the battery posts which make all the difference.

If yes, I believe there is a " Main Relay" which provides power to most functions in the electrical circuits. If this Main Relay is bad, it can result in a dead car as you describe.

Schrimpieman

February, 27, 2009 AT 10:11 PM

I just checked my Hayne's repair manual wiring diagram after I submitted the first reply.

There is a PCM Power Relay. Location is in the engine compartment fuse box.

Ford provides owner's manuals online by going to www. Motorcraft. Com and clicking on the " Technical Resources" link. Download your owner's manual if you don't have it. The picture and location of the relay will be in the " Roadside Emergencies" section.

Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000