POWER STEERING HIGH PRESSURE HOSE

Ford Tempo

judib

September, 17, 2007 AT 2:00 AM

1988 ford tempo 4 cyl. Aprox 160k mlg. The fuel pump is leaking right where the high pressure hose goes into it. I need to replace the hose. Can you tell me what the procedure is for this? Thank you so much for your help. I am very new to all of this and cannot afford a mechanic. JB

P.S. The build date if it matters is Jan 1988.

judib

September, 18, 2007 AT 5:21 PM

Sorry about that. It is the power steering pump.
Thank you so much for helping me out with this. I've never felt so alone on a project that I know nothing about. Rather than change the high pressure hose I went ahead and changed the O-rings on the hose at the end that goes into the power steering pump. Hopefully my last problem with this project is that I am having a hard time getting the pump to screw back into the pump. I was told to loosen up the other end of the hp hose but I can't get to it without taking things off and this experience has made me a little gun shy. When I try to screw the end in the ps unit it just keeps turning. Any suggestions.
P.S. If I could go to the bank and make a deposit I would be glad to make a donation. As soon as my car is able to I will.

judib

September, 19, 2007 AT 1:15 AM

Hi Justanold,

Thank you very much for your help. As a single female I dread the car breakdown. The cost of repairs at the mechanic are not within my reach these days. You are truly an angel to be helping people in this way. I have an appt. In the am but as soon as I am done with that I am going to give this another try. I'll let you know how it goes. : ) Judi B

Power Steering Pump Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Power Steering Box Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Steering Pump Replacement Mercedes Benz
Power Steering Fluid Change Kia Sportage