1994 FORD TEMPO STUCK DOOR LOCK

• ragreen259
  • 1994 Ford Tempo

1994 Ford Tempo 4 cyl

I can't get the door on the passenger side unlocked. I've even grabbed the knob with pliers and attempted to lift it up, but it won't budge. The door won't open either. I've tried removing the panel, but it seems pretty difficult since the door won't open. What can I do about this?

Saturday, October 9th, 2010 AT 5:26 PM

• fixitmr

Was it working fine and then suddenly jammed? Usually the problem arises with cars that sit unused for long period of time. The lock motor rusts tight! You may have to damage door panel to get access.

Sunday, October 10th, 2010 AT 1:42 PM
  • ragreen259

That's pretty much what it seems like happened, but it was never sticky or hard to work or anything. I got the door panel off enough to be able to get my hand in there and see what's going on. I found a wire that seems to have come unplugged, but can't figure where it's unplugged from. Is there any way I can just bypass or disconnect the lock motor and get it unlocked so I can open the door? I don't mind leaving it unlocked. Thanks for your help.

Saturday, October 16th, 2010 AT 4:52 PM
  • fixitmr

Sometimes wiring is extra for unused options. The lock motor can be disconnected from system but it might require it's unmounting.

Sunday, October 17th, 2010 AT 12:34 PM