BRAKE LINES

1994 Ford Tempo

Rod Penn

June, 17, 2009 AT 6:12 PM

Brakes problem
1994 Ford Tempo 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual

I have a brake line rusted out that goes to the left rear wheel. The doggone brake line disappears inside the frame so I can't see which brake line it the problem one that goes into the master cylinder. If I just knew that I would add new brake line and go around the frame. Can you tell me how to tell which brake line it is? I don't want to insult anyone. Whatever the charge for an answer is, we can negotiate.

Service Writer

June, 18, 2009 AT 5:33 AM

Without seeing the car, it is hard to say. There are no diagrams I am aware of on this. You may be able to do this through process of elimination by following the front lines to see where they tie in to eliminate them. You may be able to plug off the ports at the master cylinder one at a time and try cracking the bleeder of the bad line and see if you can get fluid flow as if you were bleeding the line with someone else applying pressure at the pedal.

Bleed and Flush Your Brake System Correctly
Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear