HEADLIGHT BLINK ON AND OFF

Ford Taurus

javier mar

September, 26, 2006 AT 12:32 AM

I have a 1993 ford taurus The problem is that my headlight turn on and off while driving and after few blinks they go back to nornal[/b]

NOS

September, 26, 2006 AT 7:23 PM

Does it do it with or with high beams?(NOS) 8)

Julesaz

September, 27, 2006 AT 10:40 PM

Night sensor stopped working, then the dash board lights went off, then the rpm's stopped working then the car died, and has to be jumped to get started again, battery was replaced as was the alternator two times, it starts off working correctly, then starts over with the dash lights going off, then the rpms not working then dying. Help? Could the broken " sensor" be causing these problems? Julia

NOS

September, 28, 2006 AT 8:36 PM

I think the problem is a real bad short, the key words you told me was the battery and the alternator have been replaced twice. There is something shorting these thing out. First do this take the knee panel off under the steering wheel and check to see if there are any burnt wires or switch or any thing of that sort do this first. Were going to have to take this one step at a time. For the simple reason if something is taking out both alternator and battery that explains why the car dies and the lights go out, cause there is no voltage to run nothing. If you loose the alternator the battery would run car till the battery run out of voltage but not both.(NOS) 8)

bubba_koski

September, 28, 2006 AT 10:26 PM

There is one way for both to go out but not within a couple mins. If the battery goes first which actually can happen the the alternator will strain and work 2x over time to " charge" the battery causing the alternator to short, but if problem keeps occuring then follow NOS suggestions. 1 STEP AT A TIME but when you changed the alternator make sure you put it on a fully charged battery.

Julesaz

October, 4, 2006 AT 7:46 AM

Thank you both so much for replying, I will try your suggestions and let you know the out come! Julia : D

Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon
Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX
Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Headlight Lens/Housing Replacement Mini