TUNE-UP

2004 Ford Taurus

Slydawg

February, 23, 2008 AT 3:20 PM

2004 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 125000 miles

car was fine on Friday. Rainey weekend. Started on Monday, it was misfiring. At idle it seems smooth until you rev it up or put it in drive, then you can feel the misfiring. Also the engine light came on.I'm guessing its probably wires and plugs (car has never been tuned up ). Also how do you access the rear plugs. There isn't much room (unless your arm is the size of a toothpick) to get to them. Does the injection system have to come off or is there another way in? Thanks for your time, Frank

Timing/tuning Problem With A

Tuning

1 ANSWER

BMRFIXIT

February, 23, 2008 AT 4:32 PM

Tune up for sure
you may have to remove the upper manifold to gain access to the rear plugs and wires
good luck

pepperone

February, 27, 2008 AT 1:26 PM

Just take the cowl off there are 3or 4 clips & 3 screws you have to remove the screws have a 7/32 head & tihs will give you the room you need. Hope this helps you that was the the way I did mine last week & one other thing there is a heat shield back there try not to knock it off from where it is.