To remove the subframe, you must: 1) support the engine from above. This is important, as the entire powertrain is supported only by the subframe.
2) Remove the motor mount bolts from the studs. Remove the bolts that hold the side support for the transmission.
3) seperate the lower ball joints from the steering knuckles.
4) remove the steering rack mounting nuts from their studs.
5) Remove the catalytic converter and exhaust pipe assembly.
6) Disconnect the stabilizer bar links from the front struts.
7) remove any clips or brackets from the subframe that attach oil lines (power steering lines, trans cooler lines, etc.)
8) remove the bolts that hold the subframe to the body. When you remove these bolts, the subframe will tend to fall. Best to support it with blocks or stands.