MYSTERY LIGHTS

2002 Ford Taurus

fich33

April, 28, 2008 AT 7:40 PM

2002 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 80500 miles

On my car the lights behind the gauges, when it was cold, had to wait for the car to warm up before they came on. Now that it's warm they turn on fairly quickly, but today it was raining and they didn't turn on at all. What's going on. I replaced the rheostat, but that wasn't the problem. Mechanic thinks its the GEM Module, but I don't want to spend $400 just to find out that that's not it. Please help

Dealer says they have to charge me for the labor regardless and they're $30 more per hour than this other mechanic. Is there anyway to test the GEM module to see if it's failed. Or bad. Or could I have a bare wire somewhere causing this, just seems weird that when it was raining today, the lights didn't work at all and they usually come on after a little while.

mastertechtim

April, 28, 2008 AT 7:55 PM

Its probably the gem. Wont he stand behind his diagnosis? If your scared go to the dealer, they can pitch parts in it and then take them out if it does not work.

flexy5

April, 28, 2008 AT 8:05 PM

I agree with tim. Plus, the dealership has a computer that will test the GEM module response and they stand a better chance of an accurate diagnosis.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Window Switch Replacement and Test